Here are some statistics from the participant evaluations of our programs in Viacha, Oruro and Ocuri in 2011:
- More than 95% of participants said the courses had direct relevance to their current activities, and would benefit their community and/or organization.
- 100% of participants said they would recommend the program to others.
- 59% of participants in Viacha rated the program as excellent, and 39% as above average.
- 50% in Oruro rated the program as excellent, and 50% as above average.
- 22% in Ocuri rated the program as excellent, and 78% as above average.
- Instructors were rated as excellent by 75% of participants on average across the three programs, and very good by 25%.
A survey of graduates from the Santa Cruz 2010 program showed that 90% use the training in their work on a regular basis.
- The main tool used by these graduates is the “community capital analysis” which incorporates all the dimensions of a community in any development initiative (human, social, economic, physical, natural and cultural facets).
- The community capitals analysis also requires active participation from community members themselves in planning and implementing a project, which helps organizations move away from a top-down approach to development.